Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old June 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

My Camping Trip Animal Photos

A collection of some photos from my camp trips! These were mostly all taken in the Muskoka area this past week. I saw some other animals, but of course didn't have access to my camera at the moment. This week I saw deer, wild turkey, snapping turtles, beavers, woodpeckers, a loon, and a pair of trumpeter swans. It was a very quiet trip, peaceful and nice to get away from the city. I really miss being out there and am already planning another trip in a few weeks! I think I'd be perfectly happy spending my entire summer camping out in the woods.

White Admiral Butterfly

American Toads

Dragonfly

Blue Heron

Canadian Goose

Seagull

Bull Frog

Painted Turtle

Chipmunk

Raccoon - snuck into our picnic shelter on our last day camping and stole our leftover dinner! This was a very cheeky and curious raccoon, not scared of people and came right up to investigate my camera. I wish campers wouldn't feed the wildlife though, they've gotten pretty brave - raccoons snuck into our tent one night and stole all of Nova's dog food. They then proceeded to fight over it inside the picnic shelter and drag half of it off into the woods. Luckily I packed extra so the dog didn't go hungry!

Old June 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

So cute!!!!

I want your camera! Although despite that you seem to have some awfully good photography skills
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Mom of Cody and Nova

Thanks These were taken with two different cameras, Canon EOS XSi, and Canon EOS 7D. I just got the new one about a month ago because I got accepted to study photography in school! I start in September, can't wait!
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm not surprised you were accepted, that is beautiful photography. Too many to download properly on dial up but gee, I like the composition of the bullfrog and painted turtle photo's. Wish we had all those creatures here in Oz. The racoons just have the sweetest faces. I once named a double masked cattle dog pup Goldfields Rocky Racoon for an American family I sold him too, they were really pleased. The butterfly is just superb, thanks for sharing your photo's.
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Wonderful pics, Spatx!! That side view of the bull frog is absolutely lovely! And I like your raccoon portraits! Cheeky little so-and-sos, aren't they? I've never seen a dragonfly quite like that one.

Good luck in photography school! I think you're going to be very successful!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Can anyone tell me what the flower in the Painted Turtle photo is please (clover?) and whether the Turtle eats that? It just reminded me of the blue tongue lizards here that eat Capeweed flowers - and our mulberries - and strawberries .(sigh)

And so that's what a real life(not cartoon) chipmunk looks like. How cute is that!!
All bar one photo has downloaded for me tonight. Your toads are fabulous. We only get frogs here and I just love them. Seeing Ian isn't looking over my shoulder I can tell you he has a phobia about them, you could not get him to pick one up. LOL. Are all your creatures pictured here protected? Do people ever own pet racoons or chipmunks? Sorry for all the questions.
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatx View Post
Thanks These were taken with two different cameras, Canon EOS XSi, and Canon EOS 7D. I just got the new one about a month ago because I got accepted to study photography in school! I start in September, can't wait!
I'm glad to hear it...you are totally suited for that!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl