Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:20 AM

Found Kitty In Georgetown near the hospital

This lil kitty showed up at my work at 1 Princess Anne drive last week. She is the sweetest cat and obviously belongs in a family, there's just no way she's always been on the streets.

She seems very skinny though, I'm guessing she had not had anything to eat in some time. My guess is that she is around a year old, mostly tabby, but has very unique stripes on her, almost tiger like, she's obviously a mix of something, she's got some orangey patches and black and white colours, big eyes, and cute as a button. She's a mutt of some sort, that's the best I can describe her. I will add a photo as soon as I get a chance.

Surely someone will claim her, but if not, she needs a home, I already have 3 cats and the upper credit humane society told me I can't take her there because they have no room. Right now a co-worker and I are feeding her and whatnot, but she has to stay outside sadly.

Hope I hear back from someone.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Please try to keep the kitty as safe as possible and thank you for caring for this kitty. Have you contacted the local vet's office to see if a cat with her description has been reported as lost?

Also she may be microchipped so a quick visit to the local humane society or a vet office may let you know who the owners are.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Did you fill out a found report with Upper Credit? I would also have her scanned for a chip. She also might have a tattoo in her ear? She sounds like a calico.

Since she is so skinny, I would take her to a vet..see if they can take her in? If she is skinny, she is mostly likely dehyrated and may need to be on fluids? I know that some vets will take in strays and find them homes.

ACO22
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:10 PM

There's no tat in her ear like my cats have. We can't see the chips though right? I'm going to try and take her to the vet today, and if she's not sick I will just bring her home, my cats are just going to have to suck it up lol (lil buggers) She's been drinking a lot, my friend and I have been giving her fresh water every day and she's been eating really well. And yes I did fill out a report, that's when they refused to take her.

Poor lil thing though, spent about 2 hours cuddled up in my arms while i was at work, I brought her in for a bit because it was raining.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=Dextrophobia;467873] And yes I did fill out a report, that's when they refused to take her.[QUOTE]

I know that they are EXTREMELY FULL of cats there. Please don't be so hard on them. They are doing the best that they can.

The chip is under the skin. When you take her to the vet, they will have a scanner to see if she has a chip or not.

ACO22
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM

looks like i found him, there's a notice in the local paper today, he's been missing since july 17th which would explain the weight loss. I went to pick him up at work but he seems to be off exploring lol He'll prolly be there when i get to work this evening and I'll bring him home til I hear back from the family.

*crossing fingers* hopefully it's him.