Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old September 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Honest Contributor

No brats allowed!

oh! finally a subject dear to my heart!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14136994/

Quote:
Eateries from California to Massachusetts have posted signs on doors and menus saying “We love children, especially when they are tucked in chairs and well behaved” or “Kids must use indoor voices.” In North Carolina an online petition was started last year to establish child-free restaurants — the petition loosely compared dining with children to dining with cigarette smoke.

In response to an MSNBC.com story about the controversy over pets in public places, some readers wrote in to say they'd much rather see a dog at dinner, the movies or the mall than little "cretins." Dogs are better behaved, they smell better and they're much cuter, wrote one reader.
it's about time somebody said it! dogs rock!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old September 14th, 2006, 04:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by technodoll
it's about time somebody said it! dogs rock!

I agree. There's nothing worse than having to listen to a screaming kid throwing a temper tantrum.
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I am cursed with resaurants and kids!! I love kids, but seriously... when they are freaking out for an extremely prolonged period of time... get your food to go and head home. The kid is obviously not happy to be there anymore.... Just my opinion though.
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:33 AM

I so agree!

When my son was younger if he acted up I would quickly remove him from the restaraunt and if he did not calm down, I would have our food wrapped up.

Yeah, it sucks as a parent having to just up and leave, however the sooner that the child realizes that this type of behavior will not be tollerated the sooner a parent will be able to visit a restaraunt with a well behaved child.

Children learn from past experiences and bribing children only teaches them that if they act up when mom or dad brings me out to such and such a place then I get rewarded...

Apparantly too many parents do not know the above so someone has to tell them that they have to leave... which then can end up in a confrontation between the parent and the servers in an even bigger comotion followed by stories of how people should never eat at such and such a place because they are so rude in there... lol!

This past December my family went to a high ticketed dinner show with a family style setting and there was a small child at the table, around 2 or 3, I did know but do not recall... At first my teen son was not happy as he thought it would be an ordeal but I told him to give them a chance that not everyone lets their children run wild... The parents were fabulous and got the child up a few times to walk around in the hall so the child would not get bored and absolutely no one heard a peep from him...
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:55 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChancesMom
When my son was younger if he acted up I would quickly remove him from the restaraunt and if he did not calm down, I would have our food wrapped up.

Yeah, it sucks as a parent having to just up and leave, however the sooner that the child realizes that this type of behavior will not be tollerated the sooner a parent will be able to visit a restaraunt with a well behaved child.

Thank you for being a considerate parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChancesMom
Children learn from past experiences and bribing children only teaches them that if they act up when mom or dad brings me out to such and such a place then I get rewarded...
LOL...that's kind of the same as teaching a puppy.
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Don't even get me started on parents bribing their kids to be good. It happened to me in June when my friend came to visit with her husband and their four and a half year old daughter. They spent their days at Disney and everyday before they left, daddy would say to her "let's keep this here" she would throw a temper tantrum and he would respond, "if we leave this here today, we'll buy you a toy at Disney". It took everything to hold back and say tell you @#$^#%&^% kid NO! You are the parent. You tell them what to do, it's not the other way around! You are the ALPHA! I can't wait to see what she turns out to be when she gets older. I have a feeling that eventually I'm not going to be able to stand being around my goddaughter because of the lack of leadership from her parents!
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL Rainbow ! Thanks for the welcome.

I'm proud to be a member.
Old September 17th, 2006, 02:31 PM

lol, thanks all, I'm proud to be part of that club.