Million Dollar Chicken Recipe
Has any tried this recipe this woman was on Oprah She won a million dollars with her chicken recipes that she makes with Waffles Sticks and frozen spinach I am going to try it tommorow night.
An old-fashioned chicken dinner is updated for two, with a surprising ingredient that makes the spinach stuffing extra special.
• 9 Pillsbury® Dunkables® frozen home-style waffle sticks with 3 syrup cups
• 2 tablespoons peach preserves
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
• 1-1/2 cups Green Giant® frozen cut leaf spinach (from 1-pound bag), thawed, squeezed to drain well
• 1 tablespoon beaten egg white
• 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate or a 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix contents of the syrup cups from waffles, the preserves, and Worcestershire sauce. Place chicken, skin side up, in pie plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon syrup mixture over chicken. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast waffle sticks as directed on box. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Cut waffles into 3/4-inch cubes; set aside. Spray a 1-quart casserole with cooking spray (or use a 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan; do not spray). In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in waffle pieces and broth, breaking up and moistening waffle pieces. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and sage. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Cool about 5 minutes. Stir in egg white and pecans.
Spoon stuffing into casserole; place in oven with chicken. Bake uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F) and stuffing is thoroughly heated. Serve chicken with stuffing, spooning remaining sauce in pan over chicken.
I am going to make it with those instant Garlic Mashed potatoes yum !!
Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Sounds... interesting...... I don't know, I wouldn't eat the pillsburry waffles as waffles, so cooking with them as an ingredient grosses me out. Let us know how it turns out though.