Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:08 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Hunter killed

The Gazette
Published: Sunday, November 12, 2006
A hunter in his 70s died after he was shot yesterday afternoon in Ste. Anne du Sault, about 130 kilometres northeast of Montreal. He was on a trail with a group of other hunters at the time. Police are investigating, but said last night the shooting appears to have been an accident.
© The Gazette (Montreal) 2006

I'm not saying he deserved to die but they say this shooting appears to have been an accident - yet killing wildlife is their right
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

How tragic...
I know the general opinion regarding hunting on this site so I will not defend it however, I truely feel for this hunter and his family.
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I'm not sure the general population regarding hunting wouldn't agree with you Erykah and certainly your entitled to your opinion without judgement. I feel for the hunter and his family but also feel equally sad for all animals as well.
Old November 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM

I think shooting anything is wrong, so it's equally bad that the hunter got shot, regardless of what he was out there to do.
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I'm not saying he deserved to die but they say this shooting appears to have been an accident - yet killing wildlife is their right
What ARE you saying then? Because what you're implying is way over the line IMO.
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
An Honest Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBirdIsEvil View Post
What ARE you saying then? Because what you're implying is way over the line IMO.
I guess it depends on who's line I'm crossing then hey You have a right to your opinion regarding hunting or whatever ... just not on my opinions.

I am not implying anything - I am saying that it's sad someone died no matter who or how, but to call it an accident is ironic. We certainly know it wasn't self defence, was it
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Queen

Sad and ironic isn't it. I think if I was the hunter i'd be like "well I guess it's my turn now, now I know what it feels like". If it was sport hunting I assume these people don't have much self empathy to extend outward, at least not to animals anyway.
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I agree Maya. I'm sorry if it offends people, but I don't care. Play with fire, you get burned, IMO. They didn't have too much empathy for the animals they're callously killing, so I have other things to worry/care about more than this.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:37 AM

I think alot of you need to get more educted on the matter....hunting and the hunter..
I Hunt and Im female to boot...
MybirdsEvil has named a few points..but there are many more..get yourself some eduction all.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Honest Contributor

Quote:
get yourself some eduction all.
you know, comments like that aren't going to get you anywhere on this forum... first, learn to speak English properly and second, learn to know the members before posting insulting comments like that. ok?

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:49 AM
An Honest Contributor

1st off 2beagleboys, it's educated not educted I also wonder what you might have to offer that might change at least my opinion on this subject?
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beagleboys View Post
I think alot of you need to get more educted on the matter....hunting and the hunter..
I Hunt and Im female to boot...
MybirdsEvil has named a few points..but there are many more..get yourself some eduction all.
This is about an exchange of ideas, 2beagleboys, not confrontation. The opinions differ, but the thoughtful posts in this thread are not from the uneducated. This is a tough topic--there are a lot of paradoxes involved, recognized by hunters and nonhunters alike. If you can contribute something to the exchange, that's all well and good, but you have to respect other people's opinions, and garner their respect for yourself, or it all comes down to a slapping match which will get you nowhere.
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Honest Contributor

thank you, HRP! that was my point, too...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:20 PM
-

OK so it's my turn now I just think there's enough meat at the supermarket and at the butcher without having to go in the natural habitat of these animals to kill some more. As for the overpopulation of these animals, we'll deal with it when the time comes.....oh yes, I am AGAINST.
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM
-

As for the original subject (hunter gets killed) like someone else here mentioned ; when a bunch of armed people go in the woods, accidents are bound to happen.
Closed Thread