Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
chronically insane.

Eagles sign Vick

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...th-eagles.html

On behalf of the entire city of Philadelphia (of which I am a metro-area member) I would like to apologize for our home team signing a scum of the earth dog murdering animal torturing .
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

The only way the message is going to get across to the mighty NFL is to stop watching football. Now do you really think a football loving nation like the United States is about to give up their favourite game because of one who deserved to spend his life behind bars? The answer would be a resounding No!!
So, what can you do about it? The only way it will sink in that people do not approve of Vicks' despicable actions is to stop filling the NFL's very deep pockets. Just my
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
chronically insane.

My dad is a GIGANTIC eagles fan.. he is FURIOUS. if vick really is playing (he honestly can't believe it) he said he's done with them. he has 2 eagles tattoos and an entire eagles wardrobe... He said he is ASHAMED to be an eagles fan right now..

waiting until the protests start. You better count me in for those!
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
The only way the message is going to get across to the mighty NFL is to stop watching football. Now do you really think a football loving nation like the United States is about to give up their favourite game because of one who deserved to spend his life behind bars? The answer would be a resounding No!!
So, what can you do about it? The only way it will sink in that people do not approve of Vicks' despicable actions is to stop filling the NFL's very deep pockets. Just my

Watching the games doesn't make the NFL the money. Unless, of course, you are sitting in the stands.

You are better off not buying any football related products and writing to sponsors. The NFL makes a ton off of sponsors. If they pull their adds, the NFL might just listen.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

all we need now is a list of their sponsers.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
all we need now is a list of their sponsers.
I would love to help here - but I refuse to watch football. I absolutely despise the sport.
Old August 14th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, I was a huge NFL fan, and I personally decided to stop watching football and never buy any of their merchandise again when I heard Vick was being reinstated. My husband did the same. It would be great if all other animal lovers would do similar, but I don't see it happening.

Glad I've already stopped watching football because I USED to be an Eagles fan. Well, not anymore.

Quote:
Watching the games doesn't make the NFL the money. Unless, of course, you are sitting in the stands.

You are better off not buying any football related products and writing to sponsors. The NFL makes a ton off of sponsors. If they pull their adds, the NFL might just listen

Yeah, but the sponsors only pay for ads because of the huge ratings. If people stop watching then there's no reason for the sponsors to pay for ads.

Writing the sponsors is still a good idea, but they won't care as long as the amount of people watching the game doesn't go down that much.