Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 26th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Haven't logged on in ages!

WOW I haven't logged on in ages and I am so sorry I haven't! I miss this board! Lots the same with me, a few things different. I sadly lost my horse to illness a while back but mananged to be suckered into another rescue. I have my three dogs and am still rescuing MinPins & Shibas and assisting with Dobermans and whatever else finds it's way to my home! Nice to be back, I have a ton of catching up to do!!!!!!
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Welcome back!!

I guess your name really did happen MIA!

Can't wait to see updated pics of the furry ones, and I am so sorry to hear about your horse

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM

YUP my name is Mia, I like to post it as MIA as I am usually MIA LOL!!! I will have to get posting some shots of the kids!!!! Loosing my horse was just horrible but I did was was best for her, she was a real dream girl too That's the way life is at times..... My new one is another story and a half! I forgot to mention I am still busy with No Puppy Mills Canada and trying to keep that group up and running. Lots of things going on, and the usual rescue stuff.
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Senior Contributor

welcome back!! i talked to you last yr, about a pin, i too am in rescue and have 5 min pins, sorry about your horse life sucks some time!!!! take care brenda and the pins.

Last edited by the gang; February 27th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sorry to hear about your horse, Mia.

Sounds like you keep very busy helping poor furry souls.

Can't wait to see some pictures.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:44 AM

So sorry to hear about your horse... but, glad you still find in your heart to help out the furries.... I've never actually met a Min Pin... Doberman's were the only breed I used to fear the most...when I was young they always showed Dob's with teeth bearing and angry barking...I thought that's the way they were...... until I met Jasmin... what a sweet heart. The very first day we met...she came right to me and gently put her head on my lap... she stayed there quite a while... I could feel her reassure me that she was a good girl... I no longer fear Dob's... Min Pin's are miniature Dob's, are they not?? Is their temperment the same???
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome back, MIA! Sorry to hear about your horse.

Sounds like you've been really busy, though--pleasurably so, I hope!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Nice to see you back, how is the weather in BC, I heard some parts are actually getting spring like weather....

Now there's an idea a Shiba Inu, how are they with children 8 and up, my youngest works with dogs once a week.....

Tell my somemore about your rescue...Please.........

Nova - Papillon - SuperStar

Deb
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM

BAILEYSMUDGE - Dobes and MinPins are totally different breeds, not even related! They simply look the same! A MinPin is more indpendent, a hunter, stubborn and not big on working for their 'master' LOL They do love to cuddle though..... The MinPin breed is about 300 years old whereas the Dobe is only 100!

Rescue has been a little quiet as I have slowed things down and only take in the real desperate cases now, which actually I enjoy more and it gives me time to really work with the dogs and take on the special cases which I do prefer and learn so much from them. It's always been my love. So it's not been as busy for me over the past few years.

Shibas can be great with kids, depends on the dog like anything else really! LOL I think they are neat dogs but they are very cat like.

Here's a photo of my horse that passed Adi, she was lovely. As you can tell I still miss her I only had her two years before she got ill. Shame. She was rescued by a lovely gal who insisted the owner give her up or she would call authorities! She was literally rotting in a feild! She turned out just lovely!!!

Old February 28th, 2008, 01:44 PM

This is Dixie my new rescue who I wasn't planning on as I was still broken up about Adi but she needed someone to save her skinny butt from bad owners! LOL Call me sucker. Dixie was purchsed by a person here who thought it was a good idea to lug her all the way up from a California feed lot to BC (like we don't have enough horses here) only to dump her butt in a feild and not feed her!!!!! SO she was a bone rack full of worms with horrid teeth when I got her. Dixie is an ex-race horse who hasn't had the best life but is spoiled now and is quite the Diva. I've had her about 4.5 months and she's come a long way. The person who originally imported her was probably under the impression they could make a quick buck but sadly Dixie is 23 years old, not 8 as they were told and has a special manner about her! She is fuzzy and sweaty in this shot.

Old February 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Oh man I am green with envy....

I love your horses and you live on a farm and well rescuing too, a heart of gold, like most people on this forum.

We met a Shiba about a year back she was beautiful we were about to adopted her when the foster mom said she just could not let go, this pup was awesome and tiny...

About the size of a tall cat.........

Nova - Papillon - SuperStar

Deb
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Dixie is sure lucky you came along. How can somebody just let an animal starve in a field??

You are an to help out the unfortunate furbabies.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Actually I live in the city!!! LOL I am thankful to have found an amazing boarding stable that doesn't break the bank! I don't know how people let animals starve, any animal!!! Horses seem to get a bum deal as lots of idiots seem to think grass is enough, well Dixie got mostly mud! Oh well she's happy now.... The old owner got a talking to from me and I pray she doesn't import anymore more horses! Hopefully Dixie will live many more years and enjoy the last bit of her life with me. She will never be sold again, plus I can't imagine many folks wanting to put up with her! LOL She is a little on the rotten side but VERY funny to me. She is too clever for her own good.