Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:28 PM

Raining MinPins in BC!!!!

Seems as thought it's raining MinPins! I am picking up yet another tonight, just got one on Monday and still have an adorable pup in foster care!

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/BC108.html

Also some listed with Dobe rescue:

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/BC104.html
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

oh dear

It's been raining them in Quebec as well. :sad:
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Another "Flavour of the Month" who people soon lose their taste for?
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Is there someone in Quebec helping them??? I do think they are old flavour and people don't know what they are getting into when they get them! So sad, I have seen less advertised in the paper which is good but bad for the new fad dogs..... I hate humans.....
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

yep

I'm helping them! lol or rather getting them to help. I know Ruth very well from IMPS in Ottawa. I just took Kiki up to meet her. I pulled her from being dropped at the vet's for euthanising. We also have a lady in Hudson who helps them get to rescue as well. She's working on a few things for Ruth while she's away.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Excellent! I am the western Canada rep! LOL Ruth is great!!!! I saw the photos of Kiki! VERY cute! We need Que reps!!!!
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

more than happy

I would be more than happy to help out however I can. Let me know what's needed and how I can be of service. I like the little creatures. They are very busy and my kids think they are little puppies as I mainly do large-xlarge rescue.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Just keep contacting Ruth! LOL We sure appreciate the help! It would be nice to have a rep in each province, until we got Ruth I had the whole country and it was really hard!!!! Thankfully she volunteered and life has been MUCH better for me!
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

lol

I have to say that the cutest thing I ever did see was when Ruth met us at Timmies to pick up Manfred now known as Miles, and out of her vehicle came 5 little one's all leaping and bouncing to get pats. Miles went to BC with another one, you might be aware of the adoptive family? The guys sends the most hysterical updates to us about one a month. We giggle through the whole email.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

You guys are great,as usual I love those little doggies,I've only ever seen one,but he was a real sweetheart..
Why would it be raining mini-pins,is it a new fashiondog,or what??
I know they are also quiet expensive to buy...
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I'm not sure

I know that they are tiny and compact and easy to carry around so lots of people think they are perfect for them. Problem is that they have a whole lot of attitude packed into a tiny body and can go for hours so people get fed up with them. Sad because they are the most affectionate small dogs I know.
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:44 PM

BMDLuver I do get some of the updates they are a hoot!!!!!

Most people get MinPins cause they are cute and some because they resemble Dobermans, really most people don't realize how much work an 8 pound dog can be! MinPins are NOT quiet little lap dogs at all!!!!! My guys are out a couple of HOURS each day, they need tons of training and are terrible to house train. BMDLuver is right it's a lot of dog packed into a little package. My Doberman is WAY easier than my MinPins! LOL

Old April 27th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
pick up Manfred now known as Miles
That isn't the Manchester Terrier you had at Hudson? If so, he was ADORABLE and I wanted him really badly!!

For anyone contemplating a MinPin. They are NOT like toy poodles!! They are tough, stubborn, barky little ratters who are NOT suitable for first time owners, or for people who are very permissive and lax, or who like to spoil dogs.

They are NOT miniature Doberman Pinschers,(they are a breed older than Dobies) but are terriers and have all the behaviors and instincts of Airedales packed into a tiny package.
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

uhuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
That isn't the Manchester Terrier you had at Hudson? If so, he was ADORABLE and I wanted him really badly!!
Lol yep, that would be one in the same. That little guy really got to me!
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]They are tough, stubborn, barky little ratters [QUOTE]

There's an understatement!!! LOL I didn't do much research before I got one, but I was an experienced dog owner so wasn't too worried BUT if I knew what I know now I am not sure I would have gotten one!!!! LOL They are great dogs if you know what you are getting into!!!!

I wish people knew that they weren't related to Dobes, I spend most of my time telling people they are NOT miniature Dobermans.....
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL - I know a few MinPins. I'll take my pit bull any day, thank you!!

Quote:
wish people knew that they weren't related to Dobes, I spend most of my time telling people they are NOT miniature Dobermans.....
Right - they are minature PINSCHERS, not Dobermans. That's like people who think Shetland Sheepdogs are miniature collies.

Manfred was rather....lively, wasn't he?
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM

LOL I loved my pit!!!

When I walk the Pins with my Doberman people actually ask me if they are her pups!!! ROFL!!!! Chopper is 14 and LOOKS it!!!!! How many graying pups have you seen??? LOL Silly people.....
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
Manfred was rather....lively, wasn't he?
OMG, that is definitely an understatement. He lived with me for two months and when he left, our house was so quiet it felt like someone had died. And the quiet was not because he was a barker, because I don't ever remember him barking, it was the sound of his nails skidding around the hardwood as he leapt from sofa to sofa and down the hall chasing the other dogs. Definitely they are dogs that are greatly misunderstood. Kind of makes them more lovable though.