Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 16th, 2006, 06:48 PM
-

Panacur Mistake

I've just brought Declan home from the Vet - we've had another episode of extreeeeeeme diarrhea. This has been going on for about 2 months. We have a running prescription for Tylocine and are working our way through an elimination ( ha-ha) diet. Before we go the endoscopy, colonoscopy route we've decided to try one last thing - deworming. So, what do I do to this poor diarrhea-ridden baby when we get home? I GIVE HIM THE DEWORMER ?!?! Yes, I am an idiot - sleep deprivation and sticker shock are my only excuse. I can't believe I did that. I've given him some Tylocine but, I don't dare give him and Kao - I don't want the dewormer in his system for any longer than needed. What about some psyllium - any thoughts?
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Panacur is a pretty mild wormer. I'm a bit confused... you mention you are going to try the wormer but then say you did and it's a problem? I'm just trying to follow the bouncing ball.. I think my brain is tired.. Perhaps give him some overly boiled rice with the liquid?
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
-

Noooo it's not YOUR brain that's the problem BMDLuver! When we left the Vet, I was to try the deworming AFTER the diarrhea stops and he's had a chance to recover. So - say in a week from now...instead my one-little-neuron-rattlin'-'round-in-there says "Let's just get this done" as we're shelling out all the other meds everybody is on. I've given him some rice. If anyone is looking for me I'll be the one pounding the pavement every hour on the hour in this ice storm...GAWD I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!!![/COLOR]
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

oh dear... I get it now. Could try pumpkin too? I'll that it doesn't speed up the diarehea.