View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Oh yes, of course because I have a male and female puppy I get asked all the time if I'm going to breed them and when I say no they say why not - you could make lots of money. Um, no thanks. The professionals can do the breeding, not me. One lady said, oh but Lupa would be so much happier if she could have just one litter. I tried very hard to POLITELY explain that having children for the sake of passing on our genetics is a human thing, dogs breed just because it's a wildlife survival issue, not because they get all warm and fuzzy over raising a family. I really thought that way of thinking had gone the way of the dodo bird, but sadly it's still out there alive and well.
Sometimes they just see such cute and adorable dogs that they think they should have babies because they are going to be just as cute,

I was asked a few times too if I was going to breed bestia because he was so cute - I am cute too and I don't have any urges to procreate!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi