View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
There is no pleasing everyone I know, but until parent groups start standing up for their breeds and not jepordizing their health this will continue.
I will NOT breed oversized TM's no matter how well they would do in the ring (how quickly they would obtain their CH), the pro's and cons list has too many points for cons so for now I will continue working towards our working titles even though we are showing this fall, its purely for fun and I dont care either way if lets say Karma or Marv took BIS all weekend or not.
I agree - it's for the parent clubs to step up and reexamine the standards, if necessary.

Having a GD, I can understand the sentiment of 'bigger is better' - and yet, all those who want (and have) the biggest, bulkiest GD on the block will no doubt end up with a dog with joint issues at a younger age. What is preferred in the ring though? From my limited showing experience, it's been a toss up. Some judges prefer the bulkier/bigger look - others prefer the leaner look. We insist that judges compare to the 'standard' - but the competition in itself is flawed because it's based on opinion. Myself, I'm happy as a clam that Loki is on the leaner side and sitting at a comfortable 35".

I think I had a point to make at one time.. but now it's lost.. and it's early in the morning.