View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:21 AM

Red face FIP - please help!!!!

I'm a crazy mom and love my baby until death but unfortunately I've been suffering a tragic drama with this horrendous disease called FIP....
Earlier this year, we bought a beautiful Persian kitten, and he came very sick to us. After several months of treatment, he passed away due to this awful disease.
Back then, we didn't know what FIP was, we didn't even know it existed.
After our kitten passed, we researched about FIP, talked to a lot of veterinarians and e-mailed some people outside our country, because we wanted and needed to learn more.
We barely had time to receive the answers to our questions, almost a month after we've lost out kitten, another one of our cats became ill.We had rescue him from a shelter and he was a really special soul.... Only three weeks later, he also passed.He was 2 years old(in the day he gone!) and absolutely healthy cat.
Besides emotionally destroyed and heart brooked,now we are in panic because our others cat's....we need to protect then!We can't let then get sick!!!
After many internet research,I discover that FIP is a mutation of the FcoV which occurs in some individuals who develop FIP -it's a really big risk,the proportion is 1 in each 10 cats!!!the emotional breaks,stress and healthy disease give the start to the FcoV mutate to FIP.
FOR THE LOGIC THE ONLY CATS THAT ARE SECURE ABOUT HAVING FIP IS THE CATS FREE OF FcoV........(but most of cats have the virus,including mine!)
so,the million dollar question is:
IS POSSIBLE TO A CAT GET RID OF FcoV ??? HOW CAN WE HELP HIM TO TO THAT?SPECIALLY IN A MULTI CAT HOUSE......
We continued our online research and we found some alternative to boost the cat's immunologic system and some of then promises to help the cat system eliminate the FcoV virus from their organism......
- INTERFERON OMEGA FELINE
- MEGA C PLUS
- BARLEY GREEN
- TRANSFERS FACTOR PLUS

If someone could help me and my babies with this,we will be tremendously grateful....
god bless all