View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:00 PM

An update for Farley.

Lets try this again.. every time I write a post and go to submit it I time out and lose all the information I wrote ...

I think its been about a week since I last posted. On Friday I was home with the kids and we went out for a short visit to the library . In that time he managed to eat 2 bags of hershey kisses (foil included!) , he was a bit hyper but he was okay. On Sunday we decided to see how Farley would reacte with another dog in the house so my sister agreed to let us watch her golden retriver Titus for the week. He was excited to have another dog in the house he peed everywhere . On Sunday we left the both of them alone for about two hours and the house was fine upon our return , same for Monday. On Tuesday I forgot a tupperware on the coffee table so he chewed that but everything else remained intact. So its obvious that Farely is a dog that needs constant K9 companionship. No big suprise there as he spent the first 6 months of his life with little to no human contact locked up in the bsmt/backyard with his 5 siblings and mother. A feel a bit bad for Titus though as hes really not the rough and tumble type of dog and Farley will not leave him alone. Constant sniffing , following around and always trying to play with him. My one concern though is Farley is starting to show a little bit of food dominance. If Titus gets to close to us (or closer than farley) while we are preparing kongs & their food Farley will growl and lunge at him. He's also totally indifferent to me now in the sense that he doesnt come to me at all for hugs or love. Almost like as long as he has another dog around we fade out of the picture. Farley is a total pack dog and would probably love living in some sort rural setting where he could run around with other dogs and chase sheep or something.

Poor complicated Farley. I swear I never knew a dog could be so complex.