Thread: Dietary Advice
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
Hello:

If you are going to follow a strongly regimented diet as indicated by growler~GateKeeper make sure to stay strictly to the diet.

Have family and friends knowledgeable on what you are trying to do so that they won't offer the dog treats or give scraps from the table.

I was having the same problem as growler~GateKeeper a few years ago with a kitty and it would get into cooking residue from chicken and other meat products, which upset her system tremendously.

Something else that might be worth thinking about would be bison. Where you are it should be relatively easy to come by, I would think.

Any pics of Fonzie you can share??????
I have loads of pics of the little guy - even though he hates the camera!!! But my tired brain is unable to figure out how to upload them at the moment - sad I know!
Bison is a good idea. I hadn't considered it prior to this as I was worried it may be too rich.
I made him a batch of food tonight from Lew Olsons book - 'Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs'. I used the Low Glycemic/Low Fat recipe (cooked) which includes beef, butternut squash, broccoli, liver and plain 0% yogurt. I gave him some and he certainly likes it - but whether it likes him or not remains to be seen.
I really can't believe that I am having problems feeding Fonzie - he was always such a great dog to eat and loved his food. He never had a digestive issue until the HGE last year, which he recovered fully from and returned to eating normally. But whatever gastric upset he got in June of this year has changed him completely and it worries me a lot. I am so scared that there may be something wrong with him.