Thread: food filler
View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:21 PM

My oldest dog is 50lbs, and she eats less than 2 cups a day. If your dog is acting hungry, you may want to look at what you're feeding also. Foods full of corn fillers and such leave no nutritional value and your dog poops everything out, making him more hungry. Our dogs are on Evo, and it's like 42% protein. If she ate more than what she eats now, she'd be huge! She's still a bit puggy, but at a good weight for her height. She also acts like shes starved whenever we eat. She sits there staring at us and our food, almost like she's trying to will the food into her mouth! LOL! She does that until every last bite is gone. Some dogs will eat and eat until they throw up, and then eat some more. You know what's best for your dog, and your dog has no clue what's good for him or not. I say feed the recommended feeding on the bag, and watch his weight. If he gets too skinny, add more, if he gets to fat, take away some. If you decide to do fillers, make sure it's only once in a while or your dog may demand it every time you feed. Its like mixing wet with dry. If you don't intend to do it everyday, be careful how often you do it as your dog may become picky. Fruits and veggies are always a good option, and I've even put dried seaweed in their food which is okay every now and then. Cottage cheese or plain non-fat yogurt are always good too. Good luck!