View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Heartbroken

I just lost my little baby girl, Bebe, my red min pin who was just five, two days ago for a minor procedure done at the vet. I had just noticed that morning that her anal gland was swollen and that we needed to take her in to get it taken care of so it wouldn't rupture. We took her to a vet that has seen her before, and that she has gotten her teeth cleaned by, a few months ago by so we trusted her. She gave us antibiotics for her, but told us that her anal gland may still rupture. We asked if there was anything else they could do so she wouldn't be in pain and the vet suggested that she could just knock her out and drain it and she would be good to go in a couple hours. She was so nonchalant about it, we felt like this was the best option so that she wouldnt suffer. We gave Bebe kisses and said goodbye and left to run errands. Two hours later we received a phone call from the vet saying that she has stopped breathing after the procedure and had gone into respiratory failure. She said that they performed CPR on her, but she was gone. I am so heartbroken and can't stop crying. I can't understand why this happened. I feel like our little family has been ripped apart and all we get is a "sorry".