View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I assume you watched the X-Files , what a great show that was.

How does Scully react to the harness? Does she fight it, just lie down and refuse to move?

If she seems okay with the feeling of the harness, then I would use a feather stick to entice her to go after the stick. She may not like the feel of the harness as she is walking so getting her used to it while being distracted with an enticing toy may show her that it is okay to walk with it on. You can also train her (if she is willing to be trained), to change directions. A very gentle tug on the leash and change in direction with the feather stick in the direction you want to walk in will teach her what you want her to do when you "tug".

If she just lies down and refuses to move, try putting her favourite treat about 5 feet away from her so she will get up and eat the treat. It may take her a few minutes, but just leave her be and she will get up when she is ready. Of course you may have to lock up Mulder so she doesn't eat the treat on Scully .

Good luck.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey