View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I looked at your pics again and the only thing I see that MIGHT possibly be wrong are some blackish spots on his top fin.
They look more like bumps than anything.
Possibly that could be some type of parasite, or it could also be an injury or some kind of issue from poor water quality.
You can try prazipro for external parasites, I do not know of any negative effects on bettas when used as directed and I haven't had any issues using it with even sensitive fish.

I still don't see a sign of velvet (Remember that velvet looks like your fish has been sprinkled with a whitish or goldish dust all over his body, do you see this?), and fungus generally is fuzzy patches or spots (I don't see this, do you?). Columnaris (often called fungus, but actually a bacteria) looks like whitish peeling patches of slimecoat which will eventually spread accross the whole body (Do you see this?).
If you see a definitive sign of one of these pick a treatment. If the disease doesn't match any of these symptoms completely you're shooting in the dark by picking random treatments.