View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM

They tested my dog for parasites yesterday. The result came back negative.

I was away on Thanksgiving Monday and my dog stayed with my friends and their two dogs. They only fed the dog with turkey meat. Because my dog is almost 14, he could not digest it and was vomiting the next day. The diarrhea wasn't too bad at the beginning so I thought it had passed. Two days ago, I fed the dog with a small amount of marble cheese and Polish sausage, just as a small treat, the vomiting and diarrhea came back very badly. Me bad!!

Just want to share a bit about how I feed the dog with Tylosin since I read that many people found it difficult to administer due to its bitter and foul taste.

I put a small apple with a bit of water in a bowl and put it in microwave for 3 minutes. Then I mixed a small amount apple water with sugar, and dissolve the Tylosin power in it. I then use an eyedropper to drip the liquid into my dog's mouth. He doesn't like it, but he wasn't too upset about it either. When he was eating normally, I often wrap his medication with cooked chicken meat. My dog doesn't chew his food most of the time. He won't even know the medication was inside the meat.

Last edited by asunnyheart; October 20th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.