Thread: Seizures
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:45 PM
Senior Contributor

This is just a thought. Given that my ACD had a number of Grand mal seizures bought on by pain from a gastric ulcer, I wonder could other types of pain cause them also? In Dachshunds the one I'd think of is back pain, and I'm not suggesting this is what it is with your dog, Kasianni, I imagine you'd see other signs if it was that. Just curious, if anyone knows the answer? Incidentally, this girl of mine had a mast cell tumour and such tumours release chemicals that cause gastric ulcers. I imagine there are many reasons a dog could start to sieze though and your vet is probably the one who might pinpoint why it's happening. I did have Susie on Phenomav all her life and we had no further seizures, but hers were severe and ongoing until we medicated her. She didn't die of liver failure, she was sent to the Bridge because of very painful bone cancer years later. A friend's Shih Tzu has much milder fits and her vet doesn't want to put her on med's. I think I'd be led by what my vet wants, though maybe not on vaccines.