View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:56 AM
Senior Contributor

What I am saying is that I just think it is wrong to have a dog if you are gone all day.Unless you drop it off at doggy daycare or have a walker come in and take it out for a walk a few times while you are out.What I was going to suggest is maybe thinking about adopting from your local shelter.But if your gone all day they will not let you adopt.I live in the city but with my first Shepherd we would go to my aunts farm and I was worried that if I had him off the leash he would take off.But with all the training I did when he was a pup he was great.The only time he was tied on a long chain was at night.It can be done.There is no spacific breed for the country.Any breed is good.It's all in the training.Maybe think of getting 2.This way they have each other to keep company.My sister is on a farm with 3 Siberian Huskies and a Border Collie.And not once in 7 years have they taken off.And they have horses and cattle.All the best when the time comes.But please think long and hard before deciding.