View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Swift Tribe

Cat, Meat Allergies, Struvite Crystals, Raw Diet

http://maxshouse.com/feline_urological_syndrome_fus.htm

i read through this site, found it really helpful.

Shadow refuses to eat organ meats and eggs. if i mix it in with fish he eats a good portion of it. with his crystals, fish isnt suggested. is that as a main staple? or all together? is there anythign i can do to raise the pH when he eats fish? he likes to eat oranges and leafy green things. what else can i hide in the fish to make his pH higher? it was 7.0 when we tested him before (a week ago??)

can constipation cause struvite crystals? he stopped eating and drinking. i suspect it is because i have been giving them too much calcium, he got stopped up, felt bad, stopped drinking and eating. we took him in and found out he had crystals along with being very constipated. i cut back the calcium, im watching their poo to see if everyone is going and its not too white and chalky. i can add pumpkin to their food without them rejecting it. is that suggested??

anyone use one of those home pH testers?

are the dangers of not correcting this problem immediately worth putting him on a kibble diet? i really feel strongly about this raw-ish diet but not so much its worth doing permanent damage to Shadow or causing him a great deal of pain.

he(or his brother) also ralfs up turkey, corning game hen, beef and pork. we have tried each several times through out though out this raw experience but im unsure why he is 'allergic' to everything but chicken/eggs and aquatic creatures. we have tried them raw, cooked, partially cooked, no go. we still havent gotten a chest freezer so we havent tried rabbit yet. maybe ill go talk to that butcher abotu it.

if i think of anythign else ill post it but i think thats it for now.

THANKS!!!

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)