View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM

I purchased both the adult and puppy formula today, very affordable, I hope it's not too good to be true...It's got quite the long list of ingredients!! They seem to like it. I brought home sample packs of several very expensive Holistic and Organic dog foods and my dogs didn't like them (Acana, Orijen, and I wish I woulda saved the other bags...lol...can't remember the other two).
I'm sure this is not an "ideal" food...but hopefully good enough to help me feel good about feeding it to them.
Here are the ingredients...this may take a while....(adult formula)
Chicken meal, brown rice, oatmeal, potatoes, rye, millet, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), chicken, chicken cartilage (natural source of glucosamine), natural flavour, tomatoes, salmon meal, salmon oil (natural source of DHA), whole dried egg, flaxseed, kelp, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, lecithin, sodium chloride, chicory root extract, cranberries, alfalfa, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, apples, blueberries, pears, bananas, vitamins and minerals (vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin c, inositol, D-Calcium, pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, beta carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc oxide, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganese prteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), probiotics (lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, enterococcus faecium, bifidobacterium thermophilum), yucca schidigera extract, dried rosemary, cinnamon, turmeric, capsicum, chamomile, dandelion, paprika, garlic.

Guarenteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min)...24%
Crude Fat (min)...14%
Crude Fibre (max)...5%
Moisture (max)...10%
Ash (max)...10%
Calcium (min)...1.1%
Phosphorus (min)...0.8%
Omega 6...2.8%
Omega 3...0.4%

Wow....I can safely say that I will never have to spell the majority of those words ever again!! lol

Hope this helps anyone that has a clue bigger than mine let us know if this is a decent food or not! )