View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
all the pictures are really cool.
you must have a great camera to get shots like these
It's a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W50, certainly no SLR but a good one I quite like it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Do you use a specific set of settings on your camera to get such great shots of fireworks?
Don't know that I'd call them great shots

Most of them I used what they call Program Auto setting with the flash off of course, there's a couple of things that can be changed colour, iso, white balance etc

For the China pics I used what is called the Landscape setting - distance focus flash off or the Twilight setting - low light without flash

There is some difference in the amount the camera will focus between Program Auto & the other two, plus the amount of light the lens absorbs/uses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
You missed a heart--third shot in post 5!!!!
Never even noticed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Wow, great shots of them, growler . Amazing what they can do with the fireworks . Are you taking those from your balcony?
Yeah it's pretty cool what they can come up with when they explode.

No I definately couldn't afford to live in that area . Taking these pics I'm standing in a park above a public outdoor pool beside the beach/ocean.
I live in the next town over - out my balcony I see trees & the neighbouring building

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Wonderful photos, Growler. I love this one...

The flag adds a nice touch .
That was interesting after the brief thunder/lightning/rain storm.

The flag is on/above a free musical performace stage beside/infront of the pool, the other poles you see in the background are boats in the dock beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Excellent pics Growler. I haven't gone down to the fireworks in years lately, but I can hear them from home!
They definately can get pretty loud especially so close to the barge, some of the booms you can feel .

Thanks for the compliments ladies but I of course see the fuzzyness in nearly every shot Sometimes I zoom in too much trying to get a closer picture but that just results in being a bit more out of focus like the sunset in Mexico shots

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying