View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:21 PM
petdr's Avatar
petdr petdr is offline
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 262
This sounds like an upper respiratory infection. Most of these are viral, but some are bacterial. Some felines are immune suppressed and can suffer from these for months. It is not something that you gave to your cat, or your cat gave to you. Completely coincidental.

There is a slim chance of allergy, but this would not be the usual presentation. Unfortunately with allergies the only way to find the culprit is via skin testing or selective isolation - a challenge keeping feline in an isolation cell and introducing various common substances that have been implicated as allergins in the past. Not at all practical. Time to visit your veterinarian

Dr. Van Lienden

Dr. Raymond Van Lienden DVM
The Animal Clinic of Clifton
12702 Chapel Road, Clifton
Virginia, U.S.A. 20124
Reply With Quote