View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM

I'm very happy to report that Pebbles continues to improve. She is walking nearly a straight line, stumbling just a little. Her appetite has FULLY returned and she's eating more then usual. She is able to cuddle with her brother Whatley (our other mini dacshound) and will come and find me if I leave her to go into another room. Her head still tilts dramatically and she cannot be left on anything other then the floor or around stairs. Her vet is very pleased with her progress and we have not had to medicate her!

On a sadder note; my Vet told me that many dogs get put down because of this either because of misdiagnosis or their owners can't stand to watch them go through it. That is so sad and frustrating. I wish there was more information 'out there' about this syndrome so people would know that a dog can recover and live out their lives. I know for me that I believed I would lose Pebbles when she first showed signs, but going through the past few days - as hard as it has been - has been SO worth it. I feel like I have been blessed with her all over again.

Thanks to all for your support.

Deborah