View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecker View Post
He gave us a limit of 50 lbs - so I'm clueless. I'd never own a dog that small

Bigger the better when it comes to temperament!
So if you never owned a dog of 50lbs or less, why would you assume the bigger the better when it comes to temperment?

To the OP:

Breed has nothing to do with what may fit into your lifestyle. I have had some lazy rotties (Ben in particular), GSDs and even a pit (all out of the 'norm' of what was to be expected. In saying this, there were attributes about them that were breed specific.

The very best advice was given above. Go into petfinder, find a dog that you like, ask the rescues or shelters questions and find out all that you can about the dog that fancys you. You will be very surprised as to what dogs are available that fit your height, weight and temperment discription. Don't limit yourself based on a breed as suggested, base it on the character this particular dog has. If in a foster home environment, you will get all the information that you need and from there you will know whether or not he/she fits in your lifestyle.

Good luck to you on this very exciting venture.

(Brecker, I mean you no disrespect). Just want to add that.

Last edited by BenMax; August 31st, 2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: because, because, because.