Thread: Cats emotional
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Mickey, my angel

Just wondering what circumstances didn't allow you to keep Gambit?

Although many say that two cats are better than one, many people have only one cat and the kitties get used to being the one and only (some kitties even prefer it that way).

Sure, Nunu may be feeling a bit lonely right now since she had gotten used to having another kitty around for a while, but she will get used to it and she will be just fine. Sounds like things are working out very well with her and your mom's allergies and it is great that she is even getting out of your room a bit and getting a chance to interact with the rest of the family. My recommendation is that you don't get another kitty right now. Concentrate on doing what is needed for Nunu for the next few months. She has a vet appointment coming up for vaccinations, etc. and in a few months (when she is about 5 or 6 months old) you will need to look at getting her spayed.

There is time to look at getting another kitty in the future (several months or a year down the road perhaps). That is my opinion.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009

Last edited by mikischo; August 13th, 2010 at 07:59 AM.