View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Writing4fun, Moontamara and Faceless:Point taken. And I will say that, for my part, I reacted out of anger (don't post angry!). But, as others said, it is her statements I condemn. I don't have a problem with people who tell me about the "kill instinct", and the "swelling brain" issue, or how they just "snap". Before we got Daisy, I believed some of them. But it brings me to the woman with the little dog who, several years ago, got in Daisy's face when it was off leash. Daisy, being a dog, went into defense mode and started snarling back. Then the idiot owner started yelling at my wife, telling her "she had a lot of nerve bringing a dog like that to the park". I don't blame people for being scared or nervous. I understand it. What I don't respect is the way she reacted, and the statements she made. Especially after she saw her get "saved" by a couple of little kids with sticks. The other issue is the statements she made AFTER she saw everything was fine. I understand uncontrolled terror (I have a sister who lost her upper lip in a dog attack. Several times I've taken her riding, and seen what happens. I usually make her ride beside me around an unleashed dog, so if it does attack, it has to get through me and my bike to get to her. Trust me, I understand.)

But you are right, I may have been hasty to judge. It's just that I'm beyond the end of my rope. I lost it a while ago.