View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM

Thank you - a "little" more info

Thank you for your prompt response, Dr. Lee,

I understand that the safest thing to do is to have some tissue examined to see if the growth is malign or benign.

I'm just wondering, putting the worst before, if the growth turns out to be malign - and is surgically removed - should we be expecting this o come back? And if there is the possibility to come back - can it come back internally - in such a manner that it is impossibly to detect?

(i'm asking all this because as you can see in the 3rd picture there appears to be a much smaller spot on one of the finger pads)

-
Thanks again so much for your prompt response.

I'm adding a little medical history for the cat:

-Four/five years ago she had a few recurring episodes of a minor swelling on the side or her lower lip. The vet gave her a cortisone based cream (a local Romanian brand), and she was totally cured and did not have any problem in the last years.

-Right now she is on a monthly treatment with Stronghold(active ingredient: selamectin), recommended by the vet, for parasites found in her urine (Heartworm )

She is strictly an indoor cat.

We're going to post back all the info that the local vet is going to provide tomorrow.

Thank you,
Bye