Thread: Giant Lipoma
View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM

I called about 4.30pm and she was sleeping with pain medication and ws progressing well. I slept very poorly last night and ended up lying down for a nap this afternoon and slept until 8.30pm and by then they weren't answering the phone so I had to wait until this morning to find out how she was doing.

This morning she is very reluctant to stand up even with encouragement so they are giving her more pain medication and letting her sleep some more. If she isn't able to stand later today, then it doesn't look like she'll be coming home today. I am not sure what the next step will be because I only talked to the assistant, not my vet this morning. They didn't say whether it was due to weakness or blood loss that she was having trouble standing, or due to pain. I guess time will tell.... They told me to call this afternoon so I have to wait until then to find out what is happening. My vet obviously didn't want to make any new decisions this morning or she would have talked to me. Pepper didn't have any blood transfusions during the surgery so I suspect that may be the next step...

Just keeping my fingers crossed at this point..and praying for her