Thread: Wasting Cat
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandimus View Post
But she still won't eat her dry or wet cat food, won't eat her science diet a/d, tuna, baby food, not even the new cat food that I bought to feed her today. Not even the tastiest chicken and liver gourmet meow mix wet food. Nothing. What the heck?
Science diet, meow mix & pounce are definately not good food choices, my mums recent rescue cat would only eat meow mix and a tiny bit of fancy feast, she was unbelievably picky. In trying to switch her to a good food I found that they only one she likes is the Solid Gold Blended Tuna canned and the Solid Gold Katz-n-Flocken dry

Solid Gold also makes Indigo Moon dryfood for cats.

Wellness also makes Pouches you can give that a try.

You can ask @ your local pet supply store if they have sample bags for you to try.

Since she will eat the pounce, what you can do is mush them up & spread it on her food to try and tempt her to eat. There are some more tips here here

Also you can warm up the canned/pouch food my placing the dish in the sink with some hot water - most cats will prefer slightly warm food, this also releases the flavour & therefore the smell. Adding a little hot water to the wet food does as well.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; June 26th, 2008 at 01:45 AM.