View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM

please enlighten me!

my dog just passed away last week and i've since been brooding over this question repeatedly after his death. he is a cavalier king charles spaniel and he had been diagnosed with heart problems and diabetes since he was admitted to the vet.
we went to see him for the last time and he was motionless when we stepped into the room. but the question that has been lingering on my mind was why did he sticked out his tongue and his eyes were not completely close when he passed on? could anyone who has general knowledge of this please enlighten me please? i wasn't very sure of the cause of his death but in general, the vet said that my dog was gasping for breathe due to his heart problems and no immediate attention was given at the point in time. he fainted after that and emergency treatment was given thereafter.
i wasn't very convinced about what the vet has said and was wondering upon the many questions on why did my dog just passed on so suddenly?and the sight of his tongue sticking out and eyes not completely close makes me think that he didn't pass on peacefully, and could something happened before he passed away in the hospital?
can the dog lovers/kind souls please enlighten me on the questions above,thank you!