Thread: itchy dog
View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

hi all, well bill you will be disapointed, the nasty posts people speak of, well most of the really nasty ones are removed by the board moderator. there was one where the person was swearing and calling everyone nasty names, well as i was reading it, marko was removing it so i never got to the juicy stuff, oh i am such a nosy gossip .
and catt, i also add a nice gravy to stews for extra flavour. my vet sells a gravy for dogs that has extra vitamins and minerals in it, oh and it is very much appreciated by one hairy little girl. i also make home gravy with hardly any salt for her, she loves it. and with a home made stew you know exactly what goes into it, no color or preservatives.
as far as the crate thing goes, well it is very uncommon practice here (but becoming more popular). and if your dog is happyto hang out and protect his place, let him. surely you know what sets of his anxiety problems so just avoid that. my girl was a seperation anxiety nightmare 8 years ago, she use to tear through everything (once even the back door, thought we had been robbed). but she doesnt do it anymore and i am very aware of what upsets her so i just dont subject her to it, she hasnt eaten anything in years. why pay the expense for a crate when you really dont need it, i think your vet is trying to make money. it was a really strange reccomendation, maybe she just really likes them and doesnt understand your dogs happy situation. and if you start crating him now, well that might not be so good for him, surely he would find being without freedom far more stressful. (and as many of you know i am all for freedom to move and express) just my thoughts