View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:20 PM

Hey Chico, I did not feel criticized at all...

I truly am happy for Stevie, I went to bring him to his new home and he was sooooo happy. I've had people tell me in the past "it is so sad when I leave, the dog wants to come with me", and I've always joked and said they were ungrateful because they don't even bother to look at me when I leave, and I truly believe they know why they are with me. They do get attached, but only for so long. I talk to my dogs all the time and explain like I would to a kid that I am temporary, that i will find them a good home, when people meet them I tell them if it might be them or not, and when they are ready to leave, I tell them for two days before they go.... SO I truly believe they have understood and accept my families with love. It is a truly amazing to see. Stevie was going to be put down, and now he has a Rottie brother, wonderful parents and a great life ahead of him. People have asked me why I didn't adopt him, and it would have been selfish.. I run around all the time rescuing more dogs, I couldn't give him a "fun" life.

I'll be taking one of the Dobies in since Stevie is adopted. Two out, two to go... And last night, 3 dogs at the same time I have to go get t omorrow. Same lady : 1 shi-tsu, 1 pomeranian and 1 Rottie/Shepherd. All around 5 yrs old. Has a 4th, but might keep that one Such loser people in this world.

Good night all and wish me luck with all these dogs coming. It's been a good week though, Moka the bichon was adopted tonight, and Charlie is being dopted tomorrow (unfortunately by my foster family, so I'm losing one more foster home.... :sad: