View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Thank you everyone for your advice and information.

I have tried to feed Kasey in a different area of the house but he still continues to only eat small amounts at any time.

As it turns out his calcium level on his bloodwork has some back elevated. The vet said the range should be from 2 - 2.9 and his has come back twice at 2.98.

I have been doing lots of research and elevated calcium can make them feel crummy. I have to try and get a urine sample and tomorrow he is going in for x-rays. The vet did do a thorough manual exam and did not feel any masses around his abdomen or intestines and his lymph nodes do not appear to be swollen.

He is not vomitting, does not have diarrhea, is sleeping a bit more but does still have his moments of play. It is mostly just not wanting to eat very much. He seems to drinking okay and his urine output is about the same as usual, not peeing in inappropriate places etc.

I am going to start a different thread asking about hyperparathyroidism and elevated calcium as this can be a cause as well as some types of tumors.

As his eating level seems to have dropped over time I am inclined to think as his calcium was increasing he was feeling less like eating.

Thank you again for the information.

Karen