View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Well you all are just the BEST! I will ask her Vet if a night-time sedative is something he should give her each evening. I know he normally doesn't like medicating animals when it's a behavioral issue - he takes a let-the-dog-be-a-dog attitude, which is nice - but it very well may be the kindest thing for her. And I will DEFINATELY do the worn t-shirt/sock thing, LongBlades. I think that's so adorable that your kennel tells you that your doggie carries it around with her and sleeps with it!

I think I'll pack a sock from myself and also one from my husband for my dog; that may make her feel better, more secure. (Oooh, those poor girls who work for my vet! Unpacking stinky socks on the job! But I always bake for my vet and his employees at the holidays; I'll just have to make them something EXTRA nice this year!)

Our pets do miss us when we're gone, don't they? But as everyone's noted, being away from our pet family members is inevitable, at times. And I'm sorry for those of you who were told your pets couldn't be boarded. It's hard being a responsible pet-owner and finding solutions to these problems, I know.

But I think with these suggestions you've all made, Christmas away at her vet's should be easier for my girl this December. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You've been a big help and I'm feeling better about this already.

Anna