View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM

I feel like a failure I haven't found anything that will work to cover the tumour and not slide around, irritating it. I tried a belly band that I put velcro straps on to keep it from sliding down but it still slid around.I have now gone back to the drawing board and hope to cut down one of my old T shirts to fit him. I want something that will also cover his front elbows because the areas he had on them from lying on concrete in the boarding kennel are starting to soften and look kind of nasty. The tumour has not started to drain yet, but there is a very angry area right where it would meet the floor when he's lying on his belly. I hope to be able to put something together for him in the next few days.

We have our TV/treat time every night and he waits with the cats until I'm ready. It is fun to watch them all lined up yoweling at me, that's when I finally move. I probably shouldn't do that to them but they seem to think it is part of the routine.

He seems ok but his gums are quite pale the last two days and he's sleeping more again. Sam and Raggs seem to have called a halt to their rivalry for the time being, though each does the same thing they were, they aren't playing the games they were. Raggs is still eating but only one meal a day now. He has demanded a car ride 3 times this past week so I know he's still very much involved in his family and not willing to let go yet. I still wonder if he has the correct diagnosis but there is no point in testing further IMHO because he's definitely not a good candidate for surgery and I wouldn't put him through chemo.

Just thought it was time to post an update again 5 more days and we will be at the 4 month mark

Though he's still having his off days, there is still good news with this update, he's still with us! thanks everyone for staying with me through this