Thread: Fun at the Fair
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Another fair we usually do but didn't get to this year also has Best Kiss, Best Sit, Best Behaved Puppy, Oldest Dog, Youngest Dog (over 6 months I think?), Tallest Dog, Longest Tail, Costume and there may be a couple other classes that I'm forgetting. Last year we took Lightning to that one and he was the Grand Champion. For Best Kiss he was slow to get going but then knocked my daughter right to the ground and pinned her as he washed her face

Last year we also took Flash to the fair we just did this past weekend and he won the Dog with Most Spots class, but the whole fair setting was just too overwhelming for him, he wasn't happy being in the ring with so many people and other dogs and the loudspeaker. We were going to let the other little girl show him but instead pulled him out after that class and he was very happy to hide under our little box trailer in the shade while Lightning did his classes. So although he is our spottiest dog, he stayed home this time and Flurry went instead. Flash is just not cut out for this kind of stuff, but it's not like we have a shortage of dogs to choose from It's good for different ones to get out doing stuff like this anyways. The more they see and do the less the commotion at the races bothers them. Plus, now with doing goose control with some of them they have to be comfortable with working in public. Flash is just...Flash. He's our little homebody dog. Very happy and very social when people come here, he just doesn't like anything "different" that pushes his limits too much and he likes to have a quiet corner to retreat to.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com

Last edited by Gail P; September 7th, 2009 at 11:22 PM.