View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM

Pooping in the house

In January I rescued a 8lb poodle. At the time they said is was between 8-12mos old. He was a stray so no history. I work from my home and therefore I'm around most of the day. I have a doggie door and fenced in yard. The problem is Quincy poops in the house. Even after going outside thru the doggie door. When I take him for walks, he just stops and drops. Other dogs I've owned, will circle, sniff and finally find a place to poop. Quincy will stop and poop anywhere, there is no circling or pausing. I am at my wits end on trying to break him of pooping in the house. He always knows he's done wrong, but it continues. He goes outside thru the doggie door and does poo and pee, but still poos in the house in the same spot. I am about ready to relinquish him. I sometimes need to travel, and am concerned about any of my friends "babysitting" him at their house, because of this behavior. I want him to be able to have full reign in my house without having to crate him. I have another 14 1/2 yr old poodle and when I first got him he pooped once in the house and never again. What can I do?