View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for the well wishes. Basil and Streets are back to being their usual maniac selves, so I think they're fine. Something must have just gotten tweeked in Basil's back when the lab jumped on him, but apparently it was only temporary.

This morning though, when I was walking them, we got to a yard where 2 GSD live and like to bark a lot. Normally we just walk by without a problem, but this morning Basil heard them and immediately did a 180 and insisted on going back around the other way so we wouldn't have to pass the fence :sad:
I really hope that was just a fluke, and he hasn't decided all dogs going to jump him.

As for reporting the woman, I'm kind of hesitant for a few reasons. The first is I just don't think it would do anything, walking one's dog off leash is more the norm in this area than not (though to some people's credit, a few have obviously put in the training time and their dogs stay within a couple of feet of them at all times).

I also don't want to start some sort of war with other dog owners, since I see the same people almost everyday. I can just imagine the poop talking amongst the "nice family dog" owners that would ensue about me.

Basically, the thing that just really irks me is this idea that there's something wrong with your dog if they don't want to be happy-happy play time friends with every other dog on the planet. It really drives me insane that people can't grasp the idea that dogs can be wonderful, stable, happy, well socialized, etc. but not so into the idea of random strange dogs rudely getting up in their face.