View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow View Post
she needs fiber to poop. she didn't poop for a week. she just pooped and there was one hard piece and the rest was diarreah. now she is barely eating the baby food.
A contributing factor to not pooping was likely that she wasn't eating. Nothing in, nothing out. What is the fiber that you're adding? Will she eat the baby food without it? Can you try other flavours of baby food, like beef or lamb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow View Post
she can't have dry food yet. her surgery was 2 weeks ago. top teeth out, roots came out too.
Cats heal extremely quickly, and I'm going to say that at this point, needing to eat trumps everything else. If she'll eat her dry food without it being soaked in water, give it to her. If you have to pulverize it into a powder for her to lick up, do that. Whatever it takes to keep her eating.

This vet may indeed be the go-to guy for teeth, but I'm questioning how much he actually understands cats as a whole. If your cat doesn't eat anything - not her old food, not the baby food - then I reiterate that she needs an appetite stimulant. There is one called mirtazapine which only needs to be given every 3 days. It's very effective.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler