View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM
banned user

New Dog Questions :)

Well Yukon's first night went great! I was warned that he would cry if we weren't in sight, so I said I would sleep with him on the couch if he couldn't handle it. We put him in the crate and then went to bed... once we were upstairs he started to whine and I said to go to sleep and I didn't hear a peep out of him until 8am! I was so shocked!
Some things we know about him so far...
He hates being alone, even when you leave the room for a minute
I believe he's housebroken, although it's early to say, he hasn't messed on the floor.
He loves kids!
He loves to chew... when he goes for something he's not allowed to chew most things he won't pick up again
He loves his new food, we got Nutro natural choice, lamb and rice
He loves taking up the whole couch
He thinks he's a lap dog
He snores :love:

The only setback is he doesn't like our cats... we think
We have the cats in the basement right now but we have been switching them so they can smell each other. The first time he saw one he growled :sad: but the second time he saw one in passing he had the curious look on his face... so I guess that's an improvement? I know it's going to take a long time, but I so wish it wouldn't

I talked with Lucky about raw vs cooked bones and raw are way better from what I understand... can you only get those at a butcher? They had bones at the pet store and they're smoked, my husband bought one anyway because Yukon wanted to stay in the bone aisle... I take it these aren't good either? He hasn't been able to get anything off of it besides a little meat... so far.
He has an appointment for his shots next week and he'll be neutered in January.
Any tips or hints would be great for a new dog owner! I'm so thankful to have this site! :love:
I'll post some pics as soon as I get some.