View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Hee, hee, I actually had the card from the plant still in the garden

Yup, i'm pretty sure the middle one is this:
That sure does look like it...not sure why it's called "creeping", though. Mine is sure not spreading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post
The first one looks like Motherwort. A roadside weed that has some medicinal properties.

I was going to say that the second one looks like a variety of Campanula, but Otter's probably right.

And the third one is a mystery.
I used to have motherwort when I was in the city. This isn't quite that robust. Not nearly as many flowers, nor are the stems as robust. The leaves are different, too--none of them are tri-lobed like motherwort. They look a lot like the picture of hedge-nettle leaves in my poor late lamented field guide , but the flowers aren't as big as they show in the book.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."