View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I am not a believer in keeping dogs that kill other dogs. When it comes to pitbulls, amstaffs - one must know the breed very well to understand the limitations, pre-cautions, and I truly believe that anyone owning certain breeds should be forced to follow obedience courses (big dreams right?).

Sorry - but in this instance I believe that the dog should be put down. The owner obviously is not capable of handling such a dog. Is it the dog's fault? Perhaps not, but the 'wiring' is wrong and the human is irresponsible that led to the death of another animal that was loved and cherished.

My answer may be very unpopular and so be it. There is no room for errors, mistakes or an 'ooops'. Sorry is just not enough.

On a side note: regardless of breed, mix, small, medium or large..my answer remains the same.
Don't assume that the "wiring" is wrong. A true pit bull is supposed to be dog aggressive. I have met very few dogs who had faulty "wiring" but have met a ton of dogs who don't behave well because their owners either don't care to take the time to train or are completely clueless.

No, this dog is not at fault - his owner is. However, the laws allows for the euthanzia of the dog - not the owner.