View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiek View Post
Hi all-

Just curious if anyone else has ever tried sojos grain-free fruit & veggie dog food mix? I was at one of our local pet stores here tonight (actually looking for a dog sweater ) when I came across this product. It's ready to mix with meat and claims to be 100% natural. I picked up a 2lb bag that makes 18 lbs of fresh food for about $16.00.

Here's what the back of the package says:

Sojos is made from scratch with whole foods. No preservatives. Nothing artificial. Simply soak it in water and add raw meat for a fresh, home-prepared meal in minutes.

Ingredients: Sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, celery, apples, whole egg, flax meal, parsley leaf, calcium carbonate, carob powder, dried kelp, dried alfalfa, ginger root, garlic. It has feeding instructions, FAQ etc on the back with a guaranteed analysis of:

Crude protein - not less than 14.7%
Crude fat - not less than 6.5%
Crude fiber - not more than 15.4%
Moisture - not more than 7%

I picked up a bag to try. What's you guys opinion on this product? Fruits/veggies don't make up a significant portion of my dog's raw diet but I do like to add them sometimes as they really enjoy them, and I also have been wondering about adding kelp and alfalfa lately in the diet, so this seems like a nice way to supplement their mainly meat diet I provide right now.

Thoughts??
Hey Cassie we fed the sojo's to my white lab momma, she was not a fan of it.
She almost smiled when I gave her a raw block this morning hahahaha