Thread: Disinfecting
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM

vinegar and hydrogen peroxide & cleaning

I have searched out what kills salmonella (other than heat or a hammer) but can find nothing conclusive. However, the closest I can find is a mixture of vinegar and H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide). It seems to be a fact that HP (not the sauce) is deadly if ingested. However, I have a Russian friend who has imbibed HP daily for years and there are other proponents out and about who claim it is very beneficial and that our bodies actually make it and use it as a natural internal cleansing agent. (It's a complicated world made even more complicated by thinking and presumption. Remember when bathing was considered detrimental to health and that doctors should wash their hands, a waste of time?)

Bud I digress.

I wash my counters with a spray bottle of white vinegar and HP. (My formula consists of 1 litre vinegar and 1 tsp HP.- I believe in the KISS* mantra.)

I wash all my dogs raw meats and bones with this solution. I wait five minutes and then wash the bones and meat off with tap water. I dry the meat with a clean towel (hang towel to dry to be washed in next laundry load) and then freeze (meat and bones, not towels).

Well, she ain't dead yet and I've been feeding here this pre-washed BARF diet two and a half days.

Will get back to you if she bites the dust any time too soon.

Namaste,
mhikl

* KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid (or Silly)