View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tibbins View Post
A friend of mine who has a Savannah just recommended Wellness to me today as well. I will for sure make an appointment with the vet, as both of my cats are due for a checkup, but in the meantime I'll switch to wellness, a ceramic bowl, and wetfood every other day. Does that sound like a reasonable plan of attack?

It would be great to feed the Wellness or another grain free canned food every day and try to drop the dry all together. In the long run the costs even out. There is a saying here - spend money on quality food now and you won't be spending tons more money on quality vet care in the future.
Your cats are both males? Males are more prone to crystals and stones. Which means more trips to the vet to treat them, more costs for meds, and eventually more costs for a very expensive (around $1500 I've heard) operation which turns them into females basically. Or choosing to euthanize rather than treat them which is what a lot of owners do.
Dry foods are directly related to a ton of health issues. Smart vets are figuring that out. Cats, I'm sure you saw when you cruised that site, need water with their food, not beside it. Dry foods can't do that.
Two adult cats in reality, once they got on a feeding schedule, will probably not eat more than one large can a day of wet. Wellness is expensive but, in the end, it's all relative. There are a little less costly varieties in good pet food stores. Do a little investigation. I'm sure you will find them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!