View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Chow Pei Rescue

t it's not for everyone or every animal. Just do your research, know your pups health and make your own decisions.

Sorry! There is absolutely nothing further from the truth. Raw meat is entirely species appropriate. Commercial foods will never, ever be species appropriate, and is pushed both physically and mentally by their manufacturers. Albeit there are finally better quality foods out there, they are still commercially prepared out of waste products and buffered chemically to offer viable nutrition.

And there is proof that these parasites do come from raw meat

Raw feeders learn to freeze wild meats before having their pets consume them. As far as beef, pork and other government inspected meats, all animals including ourselves have parasites. So do you. So do I. If you think you don't have parasites in your body, you're gravely mistaken too. I've never heard of a dog die from a raw diet, other than one choking on cooked chicken bones. If you don't want to feed raw to your dog, that's quite fine, but it's not fine to spew fear into newbies based on information put out there by people supported by the commercial manufacturers.

I absolutely agree that some dogs don't do well on raw, but this is solely because complete mis application of the diet by their owners, and it's basically entirely based on the owners not wanting to do it, understand it, or accept it, and I agree, those people should stay away from the concept until such time as they can stop equating their dog's digestive system, physical and mental needs, as they do their own.

Silverwolf, consider joining rawpets.ca to check out the information there. Some of the other links mentioned here are great too and will move you forwards.

Last edited by MerlinsHope; October 13th, 2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: spelling