View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Devoted Kitty Slave :D

Question Still Confused ... Cat Food

okay so after looking through tons of threads i have decided that i want to keep my cats on dry food ( yes i know its not the best for them) and then supplement it with soft food everyday (and possibly some raw stuff too .. though i tried that and they licked it a little and walked away) .. im currently on whiskas wich i have found out is apparently REALLY bad for them .. i have called the local grocerys and have some idea of the brands that are available in my town .. ive also looked up these brands on google .. i was just wondering what u guys would recomend out of what is available to me ..

Co-op <were very UN- helpfull for the record .. >

- Friskies < not much information found on this one >
- Whiskas < no thanks>
-Co-op Generic brand < no information found >

Extra Foods < quite helpfull >

-Purina < checked out thier website .. seems to have alot of information on everything from nutrition ( not thier facts tho) to behaviour and care .. maybe a good sign??>
- Iams <not a whole lot of info found>
- Multiple generic brands <...??? >
- Friskies < ^ >
-Whiskas < ^ >

IGA < Verry helpfull - Dont carry much tho>

-Compliments < heard alot of good things on forums .. first page on website ... HUGE list of recalls .. not likeing that>
-Purina < ^ >
- Whiskas < ^ >
- Multiple Generic Brands < ^ >

i was hopeing for any recomendations or information on these brands in both wet and dry foods so that i can make a informed and good desision for my darlings ... also recomendations on raw food "treats" i could give my kitties (and a way to get them to eat it) .. as well as regular treats .. i no its alot to ask .. im just trying to learn all i can to keep my loved ones stay healthy thanks